Code of Ethics
Creating a safe and just space
In fulfillment of the obligation to the student, the educator--
1. Shall not unreasonably restrain the student from independent action in the pursuit of learning.
2. Shall not unreasonably deny the student's access to varying points of view.
3. Shall make reasonable effort to protect the student from conditions harmful to learning or to health and safety.
4. Shall not intentionally expose the student to embarrassment or disparagement.
5. Shall not on the basis of gender identity, sexual identity, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, political or religious beliefs, family, social or cultural background unfairly--
7. Shall not disclose information about students obtained in the course of professional service unless disclosure is requested by the student, serves a compelling professional purpose or is required by law.
In fulfillment of the obligation to the client, the service provider (SP) will--
1. Put forth every effort to maintain the dignity of Spiritual Directing, Tarot Reading & Guidance, and Life Coaching profession.
2. Accurately represent their qualifications, training, and approach.
3. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding anything that transpires in session unless otherwise required by law.
4. Never make decision for the client.
5. Always refer physical/mental health, or legal questions to a healthcare provider or legal professional.
6. Respect the client's right to terminate the session, leave the class, and/or end the relationship at any point for any reason.
7. Be committed to preventing power differentials that may arise between SP and client.
8. Remain committed to excellence through continued personal, professional and ethical development.
9. Maintain clear, appropriate and identity and culturally sensitive boundaries.
10. Refrain from providing a fear-inducing Tarot reading and acknowledge that such a reading is always inappropriate, unethical, a misuse of the Tarot reading process, and a violation of the dignity and integrity of the Tarot.
11. Clearly and upfront state the session duration and fee. If the duration and, therefore, the fee change, such changes will be stated clearly and upfront.