1) I understand that my participation in the Wise Peer Communications courses, Wise Peer Foundation, Wise Peer Advanced & Wise Peer Master (hereinafter alternately referred to as Wise Peer, Wise Peer Course(s) or the class), may bring up emotions, memories and thoughts that I may find difficult to deal with at times. I may, from time to time, feel overwhelmed, confronted, angry, grief-stricken, or become confused to an uncomfortable degree. In such event I shall hold Henry India Holden and other Wise Peer teachers (hereinafter referred to as the teacher(s)) , any assistant(s), or fellow students harmless of any and all consequences arising from those experiences and acknowledge that I am solely responsible for my participation and experience in the class.
2) I understand that the teacher(s) and class assistants are not trained psychologists, therapists, nurses, or physicians. In the event that I may want to discuss my participation with the teacher(s) or assistant(s), I am, nevertheless ultimately responsible for the entirety of my experience in this class.
3) In understand that, while being in therapy does not prevent me from taking the class, I am responsible for the outcome of my treatment and the effectiveness of any psychiatric medications I am currently taking. I am, furthermore, responsible for my physical and emotional well-being as related to my therapy and my taking of psychiatric medications.
1) I agree to observe complete confidentiality with regard to any information disclosed by any participant during the class and in peer-to-peer sessions. I further understand that, while the class requires every participant to treat all information divulged during class and in peer-to-peer sessions between participants with complete confidentiality, it is beyond the facilitators’ and the assistants’ control to enforce such confidentiality beyond making it a class participation requirement. I understand that while other participants may have every intention to protect my privacy, a violation of such privacy may occur unintentionally and I shall hold the other students, the teacher(s) and the assistant(s) harmless of any and all consequences, should such a breech occur.
2) Because peer-to-peer facilitation inherently fosters closeness and emotional intimacy, it is against the course rules for students to begin new intimate relationships for the duration of the class. Students who are paired for the subsequent practicum to become certified Wise Peer-Counselors are subject to the same rule. In any event I shall hold the teacher(s), assistant(s) and fellow students harmless of any and all consequences arising from becoming emotionally and/or physically involved with another participant in the class.
I acknowledge that Wise Peer Courses are sexual harassment-free, zero-tolerance programs. As a participant, I agree to do my part in maintaining a class and peer-to-peer session environment that is free of sexual harassment of students, assistant(s), and teacher(s) in any form. Students who are found to have engaged in sexual harassment such as sexual flirtation, advances, innuendo, propositions, or verbal abuse; graphic verbal commentaries about an individual's body or clothing; sexually degrading words used to describe an individual; and the display in the peer-to-peer physical environment of sexually suggestive objects or pictures will be expelled from class, will not receive a refund in any dollar amount, and will be barred from registering in other Wise Peer classes in perpetuity. No exceptions or allowances for mistakes will be made. When in doubt if a behavior may or may not constitute sexual harassment, assume that is does and refrain from conducting it. Anti-Discrimination I acknowledge that Wise Peer Courses are discrimination-free, zero tolerance programs. All are welcome. All ages; body sizes and shapes; gender identities and expressions; sexual identities; religions, faith traditions and creeds; ethnicities, nationalities and origins; socio-economic backgrounds; and physical various-abledness.
I understand that, as with any program, my results from the Wise Peer Courses may vary from consumer testimonials and Wise Peer website claims. My results will be based on many aspects, such as my level of engagement or effort put in the coursework, amount of practice I commit to, my beliefs and skills among other things not expressly mentioned here. Since these factors differ from person to person, Wise Peer cannot guarantee my success or results, nor is it responsible for the success or failure of my participation in the Wise Peer Courses. Becoming a good Wise Peer takes time, practice, effort, dedication and a willingness to continually engage with the Wise Peer course teachings.
In consideration of being admitted to the class I, hereby, wave the right to sue the teacher(s) and/or assistant(s), due to any incident that should arise, advertently, or inadvertently as a consequence of my taking the class and of being on the premises where the class is held.
I confirm that I am mentally, emotionally and physically fit to take the class.